The holidays are barreling at us fast. No time like the “present” to buy some new footwear as gifts for family and friends – and for yourself, of course.
Everyone has their own style, and that’s why Payless has such a wide variety of shoes to choose from, and all at great prices.
Some holiday shoe trends to watch (these are all aimed at women) include:
- Colors (Subtle or Bright) – The more unique the better when it comes to adding some color, but there’s still mad respect for any splash of color. Reds are always in, like this Brash Women’s Taichi Chain Dress Bootie, the Lower East Side Women’s Cami Point Flat, the Airwalk Women’s Legacee, and the Comfort Plus Women’s Karmen Pump, to list a few. Now for color! This yellow American Eagle Womens Redford Casual Tall Boot is a head-turner. On the more casual side, these mint green LA Gear Women’s Flash Gore Casual Sneakers and light blue and green Airwalk Womens Vertek Sneakers are something to see. Airwalk keeps it coming with this Women’s Concur XP Sneaker. Sticking with mint, but in a sandal, is the Fioni Women’s Sullivan Bit Thong Sandal; and here’s a pretty powder blue Montego Bay Club Women’s Meade Knot Thong Sandal.
- Blingy and Animal/Flower Prints – From the gold, airy Dexflex Krista Loafer to the rose-print Fioni Cami Point Flat to leopard-patterned Airwalk slip-in moccasin, add some zing to your holiday outfit. Some other shoes with zing: the Nicole Miller Women’s Neaker Block Heel and American Eagle Womens Dixie Bump Espadrille Wedge.
- Knee-High and Over-the-Knee Boots – Turn heads at any holiday party with tall boots that stop just below the knee, or even climb over the knee. Fioni has several tall offerings from the Harper Tall to the Women’s Sally Riding in both brown and black options. Bee the bee’s knees with Brash Rudd Square Toe boots and American Eagle Pippen boots.
- Ballet Flats – Ballet flats are in (did they ever really go out?), and they pair great with any holiday outfit. The Cami Point Flats come in a variety of colors. Take a look at these two categories: dance shoes, women’s flats and jazz/ballet.
- White Shoes – White is always in, and that clean, crisp look adds pop when attending holiday parties. A few notables: the Brash Women’s Quilt Presslee Combat Boot, the Fioni Women’s Rivington Bow Thong Flat Sandal, the Fioni Women’s Mercer Woven Slide, and to cover the sneaker category, the LA Gear Women’s Dash Court Platform Sneaker.
- Wedges – Who doesn’t like a good wedge. They are comfortable but add style and a kick of height. There’s the Deflex Women’s Knit Sanjay Wedge Bootie, the American Eagle Women’s Dixie Bump Espadrille Wedge, and the Dexflex Comfort Womens Sophie Footbed Thong Wedge Sandal.
For the Men
For the men, trends are less pronounced, so you are sure to find something in men’s shoes you’ll want to wear for the holiday season, no matter what the event – office party, family gathering, a trip to Top Golf, or a guys’ night out.
A few of our favorites from the men’s casual shoes category: Dexter has the Men’s Henrie Driver, Cannon Sport Chukka Boot (check out the two-tone brown) and Kalvin Oxford. And take a look at the Airwalk Rieder Sneaker, American Eagle Ethan Sport Casual (in black and brown) and Oliver Oxford; and Airwalk has its Legacee sneakers in red and black.
For the Kids
The girls will get a kick out of these: the Disney Toddler Girls Frozen Running Shoe, the American Eagle Girls EVA Slide Sandal, the American Eagle Girls Sia Slouch Boot, and the American Eagle Girls Sloan Wavy Slide Flat Sandal.
Some fun options for the boys include the Smartfit Toddler Kids Western Boot, the LA Gear Kids Crest Slide Sandal, and the Zoe & Zac Toddler Kids Parker Sandal.
Enjoy the holidays, and remember to take a look at our clearance page, and don’t miss the under $20 section.